Harlequin Dalmatian Crested Gecko for Sale
The harlequin dalmatian crested gecko for sale, a member of the Diplodactylidae family, is also known as the New Caledonian Gecko or Eyelash Gecko due to its appearance resembling eyelashes. Previously believed to be extinct, this tree-dwelling lizard was rediscovered in 1994 and a breeding group was imported to the United States. They are popular reptiles as they are easy to care for and breed in captivity. Selective breeding has resulted in a wide range of colors, patterns, and markings.
Details about the specific gecko mentioned:
- Variety: Harlequin Dalmatian
- Father: Cheddar
- Mother: Portabella
Sex and Age:
- Correlophus ciliatus
- Southern New Caledonia
Habitat of harlequin dalmatian crested gecko for sale:
- Recommended tank sizes: 2 ½ gallons for babies, 5 gallons for juveniles, 10 gallons for sub-adults, and 20 gallons for adults.
- The enclosure should include hides, climbing structures such as vines and leaves, and a substrate-free bottom like paper towels or tile.
- Vertical space is important as they enjoy climbing.
- Recommended foods: roaches, crickets, and "Repashy."
- Other insects like mealworms and super worms are also acceptable for variety.
- Recommended temperature range: 68-80°F.
- Heating is generally not a concern for this species, with a suggested temperature of 72-75°F.
- Recommended humidity range: 60%-80%.
- Achieve this by spraying the enclosure 3-4 times a week and allowing it to dry out to 40-50% humidity before spraying again.
- Can reach a length of over 8-10 inches and weigh more than 55g.
- The average lifespan is 15-25 years, with an average of 15 years.
- It is not recommended to keep crested geckos together as they can become aggressive and drop their tails during fights.